I haven’t done a Cher site review for eons. But my friend Jeffrey sent me this fabulous photo of Cher’s bling-bling nails circa the 1960s. The photo came from an absolutely even more fabulous Russian site called Cher Love: http://www.cherlove.net/
Home page photo of Cher doing a 360 is a tad creepy and the colors are gray and gloomy with an odd spray of pink. It’s almost like a subliminal political statement about a modern cold war.
- Film – a flat list with release dates; some personal commentary would be nice to add
- Multimedia – a good video collection from 2005-2008 including Cher’s Keep a Child Alive commercial and a C-span appearance.
- Biography – nothing for non-fans and nothing for 80s Geffen-era or Believe fans.
- Forum – the forum is in Russian so I didn’t bother to join. I will have my Russian-speaking friend dig in to it.
- Music - Flat list with release dates. My only quibble with the list is that the line item "1973 The Two of Us" should be in compilations since it was basically a re-release of two S&C early 60s albums.
- Links – Small list that’s a good to start doing your Cher surfing. I noticed yesterday that EverythingCher.com is back offline again. Sad face. So I took it off my favorites list. Another sad face.
- News – only began two months ago but is up to date. I like that it posts movie alerts when Cher movies appear on cable. Legitimate news that is always overlooked on other sites.
- Awards – Way cool awards list. So kewl I printed it out.
- However, the best section is the gallery which is absolutely a delicacy: http://www.cherlove.net/gallery/ It’s organized very efficiently - how Russian of them.
Gallery is organized by:
- Public events
Various public events, and other appearances.
Captures, press photos, interview, and other images from television series and specials.
Various paparazzi photos.
Photoshoots, and modeling.
Captures, press photos, and posters.
Covers, and scans.
- Live Tours
Live tours, and concerts.
- Other Photo
Books, parfume, posters, art works, and other.
My favorite photo on the site so far is this one to the right above. I love that picture - so grunge-glam.
Plus an added benefit: you learn the Russian translations for all your favorite Cher words, like Mask is Маска. Cher Love: Worth it’s weight in rubles! Bravo.